Commissioning and start-up activitiesCommissioning and start-up activities involve final system checks, equipment adjustment and performance testing to ensure its design parameters and operating modes.
Commissioning and start-up activities are executed in several phases.
During phase 1 (a preparatory phase):
During the phase the Customer:
- based on manufacturers’ design and maintenance documentation an operating programme for commissioning and start-up including labour safety and labour arrangements is drafted;
- comments on the project discovered under developing an operating programme are passed to the customer;
- measuring equipment, test facilities and tools park is prepared.
- applies a voltage to the workplace of the personnel responsible for commissioning and start-up from temporary or power networks;
- appoints representatives for acceptance of commissioning and start-up activities and agrees upon work performance time considered in the general construction schedule with a contractor.
During phase 2 commissioning is executed on stand-alone control panels, safety protection and automation panels. The launch of commissioning and start-up activities is determined by construction and assembly operations readiness: in rooms for placing of equipment you need to finish all construction activities including fit-out works, to close all openings, manholes and cable channels, to perform lighting, heating and ventilation, to complete installation of equipment and its earth grounding.
During phase 2 the following is provided:
- coordination of issues raised in the course of design study with the engineering company;
- field supervision on the part of engineering companies;
- replacement of rejected equipment and supply of missing equipment, rectification of equipment and installation defects revealed in the course of commissioning and start-up activities.
During phase 3 of commissioning and start-up activities an individual testing of the installed equipment is performed:
- basic software loading;
- system and functional testing;
- pilot cable signaling test;
- measuring loop adjustment;
- application software installation;
- application software check-out and adjustment.
During phase 4 of commissioning and start-up activities an integrated testing of the equipment is carried out according to approved programmes. During this phase there are implemented adjustment works on the system interconnection in different modes. The works include intercoupling, adjustment and setup of settings and parameters for separate facilities and functional groups to provide desired operation modes.
We process work permits for explosion and flammable hazardous zones and develop safety measures at work.